Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Lifter of Mine Head



"The Lifter of Mine Head"

There was a time in my life when all I could see around me were problems. The problems were real, the suffering of my heart was real, and my life was consumed with the torment of past decisions, mistakes and the scars that would remain. The troubles that besieged me caused a great divide between the LORD and me for a period of time because in my anguish my eyes were blinded to the very help that was present.
Psalms 27:1 (KJV) The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
The LORD spoke some incredibly simple words to me that brought deliverance to my heart. I began to glory in His magnificent present like never before in my life. The new love that I had in my heart for the LORD after this was beyond description. Now I was suddenly consumed with the mercy, grace and love of God, and I was blinded to any problems that life had bestowed upon me.

Suddenly, during early morning prayer one day, I had been worshipping the LORD, His Holy presence surrounding me, I picked up my Bible and opened it to a random scripture. It was Psalms Chapter 27 and I began to read, aloud, from verse one. It was a slow read, because every  word and every sentence the Psalmist wrote, was as though it was written for me, and as the words proceeded from my mouth,  tears flowed from my eyes, my voice shook, my lips quivered, my heart raced, and my head raised. Then the pinnacle as I reached verse six;
Psalms 27:6 (KJV) And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
Immediately upon reading this, a vision was before me of a man who was too small in stature to see the beauty of the land beyond the enemy that surrounded him. The enemy was huge and surrounded him in a circle and he was bent over with his head facing the ground while the enemy beat him in order to keep him that way. The problem the enemy never seems to understand is when you’re prostrate to the ground broken and humble; you are in the best position to cry out to the only One who can truly deliver you. Because of his trust and faith in the power and a Word from the almighty God, the LORD lifted him up to where he could see what was beyond those that surrounded him. 

The vision described is not what’s illustrated in the Bible for the Psalmist, this vision was me. This is exactly what the LORD did for me, and I hadn’t truly seen it until this day. One by one as I glorified the LORD daily, my enemies began to fall. Yes, some try to follow, some shoot arrows from behind, but I press on to the beauty that I see in the LORD. Now, all I can see is His glory, all I can see is His deliverance, and all I can see is His beauty and resurrecting power. 

You might think about lifting up your head or you might miss your deliverer while he passes you by. What you may not realize is that you are already delivered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Don’t ever be blinded to that. The yoke of oppression is broken.

Daniel Criss
Founder / President
Life Achievement Services, Inc.
November 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment